The Facility Manager is responsible for the overall safety, appearance, and operation of the School’s facilities and grounds. These responsibilities include but are not limited to directing and supervising staff and vendors in maintaining, repairing, and setting up events for the campus to support a safe and efficient environment for the community. The responsibilities also include managing the budget and communicating on a regular basis to the staff and community. This position is full-time, 12-month position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrate Christian character and witness while serving the staff and community in fulfilling all job duties.
- Manage facility staff in their daily activities. This also includes regular evaluation and training to improve their skills in the performance of their duties.
- Manage staff and contracted vendors to maintain a clean and efficient campus. This includes custodial contracts and grounds contracts.
- Supervise and manage the hiring of contracted vendors to maintain and repair the fixed assets including mechanical, electrical, plumbing, roofing, carpentry, and safety systems of the School.
- Responsible for operation activities and work being completed in an orderly and timely manner without interrupting the instructional and co-curricular programs and activities of the School.
- Train facility personnel in safety and security standards.
- Participate in the coordination and scheduling of campus events and activities in cooperation with staff and parents
- Manage the material and building supplies purchasing process and ensure timely vendor payments
- Responsible for accurate record-keeping of all regulatory issues. This includes maintaining city permits, inspection and maintenance records
- Research and stay cognizant of market developments and improvements for facility operations. Recommend and implement emerging technologies as appropriate for efficient site operation.
- Develop and maintain procedures and plans for coverage relating to building usage, custodial, grounds, maintenance, safety, security, and emergencies.
- Act as a steward of Regents School of Austin resources. This includes annual asset evaluation and inventories.
- Develop, manage, and forecast the annual facility budget.
SKILLS AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Demonstrated management of skilled workers/vendors required. 3-5 years in facility management is preferred.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic and cultural backgrounds of students and employees.
- Demonstrated technology skills required. Experience with using software programs in managing work orders, events, and preventive maintenance is preferred.